The Braw Wee Emporium is a record and gift shop based in the heart of the Barras Market, which operates on a not-for-profit basis reinvesting its profits back into activities that contribute to the regeneration of the Barras Market and promotion of Scottish artists, makers, and designers.
Braw Wee was set up in November 2014 by Jennifer McGlone in the office space of her creative consultancy business, Glow Arts, based in the amazing Barras Art and Design Centre.
Stocking the very best in folk, jazz and acoustic music concentrating on releases not available in mainstream shops. We also stock a fantastic range of jewellery, candles, homewares, baby gifts and artwork by Scottish based artists and designers – again all things you can’t get from the high street.
Our aim is to support Scotland’s incredible creative community by stocking local talent.
So here is what we do already and we have plans for the future which include more exciting developments!
- The Braw Wee Emporium stocks over 70 individual Scottish makers, designers, and musicians products totaling over 1000 products.
- Braw Wee Pop-Ups are us taking a selection of our fantastic products in the form of a pop-up Emporium to local markets and events such as Glasgow Jazz Festival, Celtic Connections, Urban Market, Byres Road Makers Market and more! We do this to promote the Barras as a shopping destination and encourage shoppers back down for a bargain.
- Braw Wee Online Shop – we have a selection of our products online for shoppers that can’t make it to the Barras, this is increasing every week!
- We are committed to promoting the benefits of shopping local and providing our customers with high-quality products at an affordable price which means they can do just that!
- We provide a platform for local designers, makers, and artists to generate a sustainable income through sales and commissions in the area they work and live.
- We have begun to produce our very own Braw Wee Products as a way to promote the Barras and generate income for our many many ideas! We have our ‘I heart the Barras’, ‘Gin’ and ‘Beer’ badges on the go, and we are in the process of designing Barras tote bags and postcards (Watch this space!).
- Thursday 12pm - 6pm
- Friday 12pm - 5pm
- Saturday – 10.00am to 5pm
- Sunday – 10.00am to 5pm
You can find us at the Barras Art and Design Centre (BAaD), 54 Calton Entry the Barras with our main door on West Stevenson Street.