We hope you are all having a lovely Christmas break and looking forward to your Hogmanay celebrations! We are keeping it local this year and will be open right up to 5pm on the 31st for any last minute first footing gifts!
Looking for some inspiration? Here are some of our best sellers from 2017!
- Jill Kirkham Barrowland Cushions have been an absolute favourite again this year, we struggled to keep them in stock in December.
- Irn Bru Lip Balms by Glasgow Soap Company were another wee stocking filler we struggled to keep on the shelves!
- Mugs - our pals at Gie it Laldy did us proud and keep us in our best sellers of Bawbag, Fanny Baws and Did Ye, Aye Mugs.
- Claire Barclay Draws Irn Bru Christmas Cards were our most popular Christmas card of 2017, along with her Boozy Bunting!
- Eat Haggis & Ceilidh On's new range of Andy Murray, Big Yin and other fab Scottish Mugs and cards went down really well with you guys too - we sold out of all of these at some point!
- Our wee book selection also delighted our customers, with 'Nothing to See Here' A Guide to Hidden Joys of Scotland and the brand new Harry Potter & the Philosophers Stane (Scots version) by Matthew Fitt heading off to new homes across the country!
- We also sold over 1000 badges in 2017 - from fab Scots sayings, to I love the Barras badges - they are a firm favourite with you guys!
We really can't thank you enough for all your support in 2017, as we said in our last blog post it was a really tough year for us, both in business and personally - but with every wee badge, card or cushion purchased you help keep us going!
We have big ambitions for the new year so remember - a gift shop isn't just for Christmas - keep shopping local, help spread the word about our wee emporium!