Braw Wee Gift Voucher Crowd FunderBraw Wee Emporium
Braw Wee Emporium is on the move to bigger and better things in the Barras but we need a little bit of help from our pals to smooth the journey!
Next month (yes November) we'll be moving from our wee spot on the 219 Gallowgate to a bigger spot across the road at 200 Gallowgate, as part of a brand new creative hub being set up by Creative East End CIC.
However, all of this comes at a financial cost and anyone who has been following our social media will know that we haven't had the easiest or most profitable of summers due to lots of circumstances out with our control. So we are asking for a wee bit of help from our Braw Wee Pals to help us make our new space look lovely and fill it with some fantastic stock.
For each amount pledged you will receive a gift voucher which you can either use yourself or gift to someone else on any of the products or workshops at the Braw Wee Emporium. The vouchers can be used in the shop or online and are valid for 12 months, so plenty of time to spend them or even use them for your Christmas Shopping! You'll also get a special invite to our launch event and if you come along a wee goodie bag to say thank you.
I hear you shout why are you moving again? Well here are just a few of the things that moving will allow us to do which we couldn't do in our first home at BAaD or our current space.
- It will give us at least four times as much space for stock and allow us to work with more fantastic Scottish companies.
- We'll have space to host special pop-up events, acoustic gigs, workshops, meet the maker events etc.
- We will be open 7 days a week and extended hours.
- To be able to manage the extra hours we will need to employ more staff, to whom we are committed to paying living wage.
- Set up a dedicated area to provide access to equipment and advice to our makers and designers that want to test out new products at minimum financial risk or spend.
- Finally get our Braw Wee Traders training programme off the ground as we'll have more space to be able to deliver it in!
The costs we need help to cover are the following:
- Fixtures and Fittings - We need a wee bit of help to invest in some displays and equipment that allow us to show off our wares in our own unique way, but that is accessible to our customers. We've never spent lots of pennies on this and are aiming to do it in true Barras style by buying as locally as possible.
- Stock - Investment in wholesale stock so that we can increase our range of products and more importantly our makers, designers, etc. don't have to wait until we have sold their items before they can recoup the costs and make new products and develop their ranges. It helps us support the fantastic creative community we work with and increases our profit margins so we can sustain ourselves and reinvest the profits in other activities.
For every voucher bought, we'll enter you into our superduper Prize Draw!
- Gift Voucher for 2 people & a goodie bag worth £15 each. (Total value £100)
- Harris Gin Lamp & Harris Tweed Shade (Total Value £70)
- Set of 2 custom Sequin Mermaid Cushions (Value £54)
- The Big Cheese Company Mediterian Kit (£27.50)
- Frida Mug, Tote and Coaster by Steamboat Designs (£26.50)
- 2 x Mugs from our Gie it Laldy, HIMP, Steamboats Designs or Claire Barclay Draws collections.
- 1 Set of 4 coasters from Gie it Laldy, Claire Barclay Draws or Steamboat Designs.
- 1 x Sassy Lassie Mermaid Sequin Pouch/ Purse.
Terms & Conditions
- Gift Vouchers are issued automatically by shopify and valid for use straight away.
- They can be used against multiple purchases.
- Gift Vouchers can be used in the shop or online, you must provide us with the code at time of purchase.
- Gift Vouchers will be valid for 12 months.
- Please note that we are a small business so have limited stock available at times, however we will do our best to order in out of stock items as soon as we can subject to availability and capacity of our suppliers.