Barista – Retail Assistant (Temporary).
Creative East End is looking for an experienced barista to work in our Gallowgate based creative hub. We are home to a busy event space and gift shop Braw Wee Emporium. We are looking for someone who is passionate about good coffee, customer service, all things creative and who has good knowledge of the local area.
To be successful you’ll need to be fully flexible from November to February, be outgoing, warm and able to build a rapport with our customers. We are also looking for someone who can support Braw Wee Emporium throughout the busy Christmas period.
The position is currently temporary (November to February 2020) with scope to be extended depending on the needs of the business.
Job Title: Barista/Retail Assistant
Reporting to: CEE/ Braw Wee Director.
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Hours of Work: 20 – 25 hours per week (flexibility to work at least one weekend day per week and some evenings)
Location: 200 Gallowgate
How to Apply: Email Covering Letter and CV to email@example.com by Friday 1st November.
Purpose of the Position
To provide excellent day to day operations and customer service experience to customers within the Creative East End Coffee Shop and Braw Wee Emporium. Assist with the programme of events.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
· Serving coffees, cakes and pre-packed food.
· Cash Handling
· Replenishment of stock
· To maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness ensuring the café remains a clean and pleasant environment at all times
· Assisting with the setup and running of onsite events.
· Dealing with general enquiries from customers in connection with Creative East End and Braw Wee Emporium
· Assisting Braw Wee Emporium with customers, online orders etc. when the coffee shop is quiet.
· To maintain high standards of promptness, courtesy and efficiency
· Any other reasonable duties requested by management
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
Previous Barista experience.
Good knowledge of Health & Safety and Hygiene Regulations
Excellent Customer Service
Excellent Communication Skills
Initiative to meet the needs of the customer
High levels of enthusiasm drive and motivation
Self-motivation and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Ability to work flexible hours across the week.
Punctuality and reliability